While many of you Free Rangers were having fun at the Co-op Holiday Showcase , the votes for co-op colors and mascot were being tallied, and we are now the proud Free Range Dragons, with colors of green and blue!
What does that mean exactly? Well, naturally, it means that we are going to need someone to do a wonderful drawing of a dragon!
What do we need a drawing of a dragon for, you may ask? To use on various items we may order or have made in the future, such as T-shirts, cups, or whatever.
The important thing is that you submit your original work (that means, no copying or photo shopping someone else’s image, however cool or cute) so that we can post all of your great artwork in a gallery and then choose one spectacular dragon as our co-op’s logo, to grace our T-shirts, cups and so on.
Here are The Rules:
- Line drawings only please. Since this design will be printed in blue on a green shirt, your submission must be a plain black on white drawing. The simpler the design, the easier it will be to transfer to another object. But if your “thing” is complex dragon designs, drawings, or paintings, we still want to see your work for the gallery! So turn it in anyway!
- You can include the words “Free Range Learning Co-operative, Inc.” in your design, if you like, but it is not required.
- Take a photograph of your design and sent it to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your drawing off by the Journalism room or at the front desk/table at co-op with a note for Brittany or me to pick it up.
- All dragons should be submitted by February 29, 2016. So use your holiday break to draw, draw, draw.
- You may submit as many designs as you like by that deadline.
- All submissions will be posted in this newsletter as a gallery shortly after the deadline, so do not use your full name on the front of your submission! But do make sure to put your name or initials on it somehow so you can identify it later and we can give you proper credit in the gallery or if your design is chosen.
- The Journalism class will narrow down the entries to the five best in their opinion, and then leave it up to the co-op to choose between those five. Journalism students may submit entries, but may not judge their own.
- Perhaps we’ll have T-shirts designed and ready to sell by Spring Break! The designer gets a free shirt!
P.S. I know many of you are crestfallen that the raccoon did not get chosen as our mascot. So, if we find a sneaky racoon hiding in the background of some of your dragon pictures, we will certainly understand.